Women have asked me if I design my own clothes.
Well…in a way, I do!
…and, YOU CAN, too!
It begins with
you find at thrift stores:
- Look for unique and uncommon threads. You’ll know when you see something you should buy…It jumps out at you. In the sea of boring duds, a few glorious pieces float to the top, if you’re diligent. 🙂
- Look for potential in more ordinary clothes.
- Bear in mind that a large garment can be considered for the fabric itself.
- A cheaply-priced piece that has unusual buttons can be purchased for the sake of the buttons.
- Just as, the trims, tulle, lace, etc., can entice you to buy an article.
Tips for shopping:
- Get natural fabrics, such as, 100-percent cotton, silk, rayon and linen.
- Look for anything made in India ❤ They have the best patterns and prints—always colorful and exotic, compared to most American prints and patterns.
Once you get your treasures home,
put on your creative hat:
- Think about what you have in your closet or drawers; think about colors. Get an idea—and just do it!
- Don’t be afraid of scissors! Go ahead ‘n’ cut!
- Change it around; combine with another garment; embellish it!
—and it becomes a whole different piece of clothing…
without the hassle of starting from scratch!
Think of the possibilities!
Please “like” and “share” on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. using the buttons below.